About our company
Since 1985, American Heartland, Inc. operated under the business name Columbus Preferred Apartments to provide fully furnished temporary housing needs primarily to business travelers on special or long-term assignments, relocating families, and those displaced from their homes.
In 2002, Columbus Preferred Apartments' owners and founders Gary and Vicky Smith joined forces with Marriott International, Inc. to become the first ever franchise of Marriott ExecuStay. The business has outgrown its former Columbus namesake due to the expansion into Cincinnati and Indianapolis but still strives to provide the same service throughout all of its locations that made it successful in Columbus.
In May of 2012, Oakwood Worldwide purchased the ExecuStay brand from Marriott International. The purchase did not affect the ownership, day to day operations of our local franchise or our goal of providing the best corporate housing experience in the area.
As of January 2016, American Heartland Inc. is proud to offer both Oakwood and ExecuStay brands throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
- Completely customized and fully-furnished apartments in truly residential communities
- A convenient solution for longer term stays
- Friendly customer service, available 24/7
- Ability to book online at Oakwood.com
- The ability to earn Marriott Rewards® points and credit towards Elite membership with Marriott Rewards on ExecuStay bookings of 30 days or more
- One easy-to-read monthly invoice for all expenses